Google Chrome is an excellent browser that many people use on a daily basis. However, it is also capable of being used as a simple text editor. This article will guide you through how to use Google Chrome as a simple text editor.
Google Chrome has the ability to act like a simple text editor which makes it perfect for quickly typing out short articles or notes without having to open up Word or Notepad first!
Use Google Chrome as a Notepad
To use Google Chrome as a Notepad, follow the below steps:
- Open Google Chrome.
- Copy the below code into the address bar and press enter.
data:text/html, <html contenteditable>
- You will get a blank screen and you can enter anything there.
Bookmark Chrome URL to use as Text editor
You can also bookmark the code to use it very easily. Below are steps to bookmark the URL:
- Right click on bookmark bar and select Add Page option
- Enter any name and also enter the the code
data:text/html, <html contenteditable>in URL field.
- Now save it.
How to save the document?
One thing to keep in mind is that if you close the tab, all content will be lost. So follow the steps to save the document.
ctrl+sto save the document.
- Select the location where you want to save.
- Click save to save the document.
The document will be saved in
.html format. You can open it anytime to get the text.